Three things to be
- pure, just and honest
Three things to govern
- temper, tongue and conduct
Three things to have
- courage, affection and gentleness
Three things to give
- alms to the needy, comfort to the sad
and appreciation to the worthy
Three things to love
- the wise, the virtuous and the innocent
Three things to commend
- thrift, industry and promptness
Three things to despise
- cruelty, arrogance and ingratitude
Three things to attain
- goodness of the heart, integrity of purpose
Three things to be
My first job in Canada!
Being an immigrant, employers usually ask for your Canadian experience (indirectly), which of course all new immigrants don't have! The alternative is to get credentials by taking up courses and/or certifications. Which is what I did!
And I just realized that I have been in part time school for 4 months and another month of intensive training (without pay) just to be able to work for 3 full months??? :-) hmmm...
I am a certified tax preparer and my work is during tax season only (which in Canada is from February to 30th of April). On the other hand, I am "guaranteed" a job every tax season... its a good start for me since my kids are still young.
We sometimes take English for granted
but if we examine its paradoxes --
We find that quicksand takes you down slowly
Boxing rings are square
And a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig
English muffins were not invented in England
French fries were not invented in France.
There is no egg in the eggplant
No ham in the hamburger
And neither pine nor apple in the pineapple.
If the plural of tooth is teeth,
shouldn't the plural of booth be beeth?
One goose, 2 geese.
So, one moose, 2 meese?
If the teacher taught,
why didn't the preacher praught
If a vegetarian eats vegetables,
what the heck does a humanitarian eat?
Why do people recite at a play yet play at a recital?
Ship by truck and send cargo by ship?
Have noses that run and feet that smell?
Park on driveways and drive on parkways?
How can 'slim chance and a fat chance' be the same,
while ' wise man and a wise guy' are opposites?
English was invented by people, not computers
And it reflects the creativity of the human race
(which of course isn't a race at all).
That is why when the stars are out they are visible
But when the lights are out they are invisible
And why it is that when I wind up my watch it starts
But when I wind up this poem it ends!!!
"Yesterday's happiest moments are today's dearest memories."
Time has a way of slipping away without our noticing it and too often we find ourselves getting older... My son feels proud to be 8 today...
We love you Patrick!!!
- Never both be angry at the same time.
- Never yell at each other.
- If one of you has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
- If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
- Never bring up mistakes of the past.
- Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
- Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
- At least once a day try to say one kind or complimentary thing to your partner.
- When you have done something wrong, be ready to admit it and ask for forgiveness.
- It takes 2 to quarrel, and the one in the wrong is the one who does the most talking.