I will be resigning from my job. They won't allow me to take a leave of absence for our trip to the Philippines, hence, I have no choice but to tender my resignation. Trip to the Philippines is more important to me/us right now! Even though I told them that I like the job and that I intend to come back, Management prefers that I resign and re-apply again. Oh well...
13 Random Things About My Job
- My morning brightens up when I see babies and toddlers sleeping in their strollers.
- My heart breaks when I see kids crying because we need to take their favorite stuff toys or bags or bottle of milk or their security pillow and blanket... which needs to be x-rayed before they can go through security.
- I get turn off by sexy/pretty ladies walking in with their mini shirt and tank top, and then I'll see the hair in their underarm. Ewww.
- I get to smell and touch stinky shoes [no choice here!]
- It breaks my heart to see love ones crying as they say goodbye to one another.
- I get to see a lot of smooching too... which at times is inappropriate already considering that they are in a public place.
- I get to interact with passengers who are high on drugs and alcohols.
- I get to greet passengers that smells really good... and those that even after they left my working area, I can still smell their body odors.
- I tell people that their pants zippers are open [don't like doing this though].
- I get to see some passengers who panic when the metal detector beeps on them, like its the end of the world.
- I also have to deal with deaf and mute passengers [which makes communicating very hard] and those with disabilities.
- I also have passengers who travels with their cats and dogs. One couple have a 2 year old son and 2 black cats. That's a lot of hand carry.
- So far, no celebrity citing yet...