Please welcome a new addition to the family,
cousin Rafael Luis [August 1, 2007]
Patricia's happy face when she opened her gift from us...
A Nintendo DS light in pink color. [August 8, 2007]
Patricia's birthday celebration continues at the driving range.
Kids having fun despite the heavy rain.
[August 8, 2007]
Pandan Island, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
[August 13, 2007]
A male mushroom?
St. Paul's Underground River
Puerto Princesa, Palawan [August 14, 2007]
Another daring ride for Patricia!
As always, we were on the front row!
Space Shuttle, Enchanted Kingdom
Patrick's first attempt at Go-Kart
Enchanted Kingdom [August 27, 2007]
- The food was always overflowing, every single day... I think I gained 10+ pounds already! I didn't really want to check my weight! ^-^
- The kids had lots of fun playing and swimming at the beach in La Luz, Batangas and snorkling at Honday Bay, Palawan.
- I had 3 body massages! I would recommend the body massage at Marrionaud, Mall of Asia. Thanks to Liz for her generous gift certificate which I enjoyed to the max!
- I had fun meeting Rach [who travelled all the way from Batangas to Makati just to meet me] and Liz at Friday's Glorietta! Rach and I are excited to try earning a little money with our blogs. Thanks to Liz for info! Now, if only I can find the time to start it. It was great to finally have met some nice and down to earth bloggers.
- Special thanks to Lam [a college friend] and Espie [my best friend in grade school] who both lives in HongKong for coming to Manila just to meet me and our other friends.
- With hubby's short 2-week vacation in Manila, we were not able to go out on dates! His sched was just too hectic! On the days that we go out by ourselves [without the kids], we meet friends... and when we go shopping, we go our separate ways too, just to save time.
- I was able to watch 3 movies while I was there [though not with hubby] -- A love story [Aga Muhlach], Rush Hour 3 [Jackie Chan] and Bourne Ultimatum [Matt Damon]. I missed watching movies in a big screen!
- Patrick had his circumcision done in the Philippines. He was in pain the day of the surgery, but after that, he was his normal self... though he was only able to walk properly a week after his surgery. Hence my plan for a trip to Cebu had to be cancelled.
- After weeks of avoiding driving a stick shift, I was left with no choice when we decided to go to Enchanted Kingdom with my inlaws... There's just not enough room for all of us in a car. And I didn't want to burden my FIL to drive for us, so I volunteered to drive! And I made it! It was hard the first few minutes but once we were on the highway, it wasn't bad anymore.
- Our overnight stay at Canyon Woods, Tagaytay was a total rip off! Check in time is 3pm and check out is at 11am. We checked in Thursday about 3:30pm, and later on found out that everything closes at 5pm! We initially ask the receptionist for the free use of the pool, which she "unwillingly" gave us coupon for and neglect to inform us that the pool closes at 5pm! There was basically nothing to do there! It's a good thing I have my magic sing, so we just sang our hearts out! But only up to 10pm, house rules. Friday morning, we availed of the pool and that was it... it was time to check out and hit the road. Prices are quite ridiculous!
- I got ripped off my 2 crocodiles [policemen]. I didn't really want to go to LTO to claim my license, too much hassle. So I ask them if I could just pay for my penalty so I will get my license back and get a receipt from them. They said "yes" I can do that... so I ask how much? They say P500 for turning left on a no left turn road. [I honestly didn't see a no left turn sign]. So after I gave them the P500, they say that they cannot issue me a receipt there, but that they will give me back my license.
~ Manila Update #5 - Things that I missed
~ Manila Update #4 - Random things
~ Manila Update #3 - Navigating the busy streets of Manila
~ Manila Update #2 - Pampering myself
~ Manila Update #1 - Changes