Islands of Adventure, Orlando, Florida
Picture taken in December 2005, Toronto
This is one of my favorite pictures of my kids... I just love it when they are sweet and loving to one another.
My son actually doesn't want me to share this picture with anyone... he claims "its embarrasing." To me, it was a sweet gesture and I love to share it!
I'm planning to delete my scrapping blog since I don't really have the time to scrap anymore... so I just thought I'd re-post some of my favorite scraps here.
Just thought I'd share some quotes for this week's T13...
- "The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." ~ by George Eliot
- "That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well." ~ by Abraham Lincoln
- "The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score." ~ by Bill Copeland
- "I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again." ~ by Sylvia Plath
- "Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective
and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment." ~ by Mahatma Gandhi
- "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." ~ by Bertrand Russell
- "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." ~ by Albert Einstein
- "The only devils in this world are those running around in our own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought." ~ by Mahatma Gandhi
- "Life is short, break the rules, forgive sooner, love with true love, laugh without control and always keep smiling. Maybe life is not the party that we were expecting, but in the mean time, we're here and we can still dance....."
- "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." by Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within the reach of every hand." by Mother Teresa
- "Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge." A quote from A Mothers Love
- "There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer." by Emmet Fox
Whew! My basic photography class is almost over. This Wednesday will be the exam day and that's it. This basic class is a prerequisite for all the other photography classes that I wanted to enroll. The class is definitely very informative with too much information to digest. I still get confused sometimes, but I'm learning how to shoot in manual mode.
My next class will be about "Scenic and Wildlife" photography [Nov to Dec]. After that I will be taking up "Intermediate Photography" and "Wedding Photography" in January. Each class is 6 weeks long.
To get a certificate on photography, I have to take at least 8 courses. Still have a long way to go...
* Picture taken by my friend L @ Spray Lake.
"We ignore those who adores us... adore those who ignore us...
Love those who hurt us... and hurt those who love us!"
Human nature? Ironic indeed!
I went to a party a couple of months ago, and this cake was made by the wife to the husband who was celebrating his 50th birthday.
Everything you see in the cake, except for the candles, are edible! Isn't it cool? And it taste really good too!
Today, we decided to throw a surprised baby shower to a friend of ours. It's her 3rd baby, but ever since I saw this diaper cake in several blogs, my hands has been itching to make one. So I decided to make one for her, hence the baby shower.
First, gather up all the materials that you will need -- at least 70 pieces of medium diapers, ribbons, baby bottles, toys, spoons, bibs, mittens and socks... and whatever you may think of...
Then, start rolling up the diapers... this part takes time...
Move things around...
And here's the final outcome. I was able to convince my friend to show her tummy while we were at the park 2 weeks ago, and I'm sure she will treasure this picture which I decided to add to her diaper cake.